Monday, December 29, 2008

Daft, that's what

Of course it came as a shock to see my classmates answering a test the moment I came in. My teacher whipped around and pointed to the board, where there a list of people who had missed previous requirements. Not only was I missing out on the exam-- I still hadn't passed two exercise sets. Damn. And this was Physics, a subject I hadn't made peace with yet. I stood there feeling god-awful, while centripetal forces whirred in my head and blew my brain to bits. It was an epic fail of a morning. :| Thankfully enough, my teacher rescheduled my exam to the next day, so I could study.

I suppose it was my fault that I got sidetracked that day, that I was squandered my minutes like money found in the gutter, and that two hours into the silent darkness of the morning, I realized that I was utterly unprepared for a squeamish encounter with the forces that be.

I died a little, inside. Only two options made sense to me: cramming, and praying for divine intervention. At this point, I wasn't really hoping for the Almighty's hand. It was only during the midst of negotiating the principles of Boyle's Law for the sake of my poor head, that I stopped and realized that

SHIT. I'm in a dream for crying out loud. And a mental recap of my subjects for this semester showed not a single particle of the neurosis that is Physics. :|

Gah, that really ruined my sleep. I can't believe I didn't suspect it to be a flaky sort of reality when I saw my highschool Physics teacher handing me my exercise sets.

I really hate these dreams. :|

-----

As a sidenote:

I can't remember if we also took up the Gas Laws in my fourth year, which would mean that we studied it in Physics. I expect I'll be digging around for my old notebook in the coming days, just to the sake of knowing; I just want to verify dream logic-- afterall, it's not the most reliable sort out there. (I think Gas Laws straddles the two fields, chemistry and physics, so studying it in a dream isn't completely invalid... right?)

Meh.

The fact that I actually have to think about this tidbit bothers me. :|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home