Friday, November 28, 2008

Reticulating splines

I think I've heard of the name before. Pepe Diokno. You see, I like storing names in my memory-- except that they get lost somewhere and they only turn up when I need them. I do remember eventually. It took me about ten minutes to recall:

Right. MyoldersisterhasabatchmatewhohasabrotherwhowritesforthePhilippineStar! And this batchmate's last name? Diokno.

Paolo Lorenzana, Gino dela Paz-- I think I used to read Philippine Star Supreme back then, when I thought that the awesomest thing to become was to be someone like them: yuppies oozing with that thing I used to know as coolness. But then they got tiring after a while, what with all the repetitive shallowness that subtly defines their articles. They can still be fun to read though, depending on your mileage.

And now we come to the part wherein I actually say something about that article.

Okay, two things:

1) I found it really really amusing, and

2) I now feel rather sorry for Sharmila.

And so before anybody out there actually shoots me for this, I simply want to point out that this article doesn't really need a rebuttal, so to speak. It's enough knowing that debating doesn't necessarily involve being a motor mouth, and that, yes, we do have people who can speak coherently without fainting for lack of breath.

But if you're still reeling from a bruised ego... you can probably plot vengeance on Pepe Diokno, if it will make you feel better. Afterall, I see his sister on some days.

She walks around UP. :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home